Ultra Trail 2019
July 21, 2019. 3am – 6pm
Kg Pertak, Kuala Kubu Baru, Hulu Selangor
|DATE||20-21 JULY 2019 (SATURDAY & SUNDAY)|
|VENUE||KUALA KUBU BHARU, HULU SELANGOR|
Hulu Selangor Ultra Trail – HSUT Race
HSUT presents two trail races of 50km and 15km that traverse the mountains of the beautiful Hulu Selangor. The host district for HSUT is Majlis Daerah Hulu Selangor (MDHS). Hulu Selangor being one of the most favorite nature destination is located in the northeastern part of Selangor. The Selangor River sources from this area, hence giving the district’s name.
The race course traverse sections of Kampung Pertak, Bukit Kutu peak, Ruins Bukit Kutu, Kampung Buluh Telor, Ampang Pecah as well as Lata Medang, which form part of the iconic national heritage site and offer one of the most impressive waterfalls of Malaysia. Both 50km and 15km races consist of technical terrain with steep ascents and descents. The challenging race course designed for both novice runners and more seasoned trail runners who crave for a challenging multi-element race course with crazy elevation.
Participants are reminded that HSUT races are genuine mountain excursions and that the necessary care and respect must be taken when running in Bukit Kutu
Kuala Kubu Bharu (KKB) is the district capital of Hulu Selangor District. In the late 19th century, the original mining town of Kuala Kubu suffered a series of disastrous floods. A new town was then later planned around year 1925 using the garden-city model: a compact town centre surrounded by parkland. Remaining 1920s shop houses give the town a pleasant, antique feel. KKB is located on the foothill of the famous Titiwangsa Mountain Range and is well known as one of the vital water catchment area for the state of Selangor.
Road biking, hiking, white-water rafting and wading to waterfalls draw scores of weekenders to Kuala Kubu Bharu, 70km north of Kuala Lumpur. The river-splashed trail to Chiling Waterfalls is the prime attraction. This town has become a modest hub for adventure experience.
RACE PACK COLLECTION (RPC)
Race Pack collection will be held at Dewan Majlis Daerah Hulu Selangor, Jalan Merdeka, Kuala Kubu Bharu (see location on map below) on Saturday (20th July 2019, from 10am until 10pm).
Please refer to schedule below for tentative timing and kindly check prior to race pack collection for any updates.
RACE VENUE (START/FINISH)
Kampung Pertak, Kuala Kubu Bharu
RACE SITE LAYOUT
MANDATORY GEAR LIST
Each participant must carry all the mandatory gear listed below at all times whilst at the event. Please note that the weather may change quickly on the mountain. Therefore, you are responsible for carrying suitable and appropriate gear for the climate conditions in the race event. In a bad weather conditions, your security will depend upon the quality of what you have in your pack. Please ensure you have checked and tested all the mandatory gears before race day.
The race number must be affixed to your front either pinned to your shirt or on the hip/pelvic area and be permanent and fully visible throughout the entire race. It must, always be positioned over any clothing and cannot for any reason be fixed onto the participant’s back or a leg. We recommend using a race belt.
RECOMMENDED GEAR LIST
CAP / BUFF
RAIN COAT / JACKET
BAGGAGE DEPOSIT FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS (START/FINISH LINE ONLY)
- Baggage deposit facility is available at the Start/Finish (Kg. Pertak Hall) on race day.
- Participants may deposit bag with the items that are going to be utilized after completion of the race (not used during the race).
- Do not store any valuable items or items that are required during the race. This is not Drop Bag at half-point of the race.
- The organizer will not be held responsible for participant’s belongings.
- Please ensure that your bag is well marked with Name, Bib Number and Category
- There will be only one (1) Drop Bag at halfway point for 50km category during the race day.
- Please ensure that your Drop Bag is well marked with Name, Bib Number and Category. On the morning of the race day, please check it in at Kg.Pertak Hall (Start/Finish) in order for us to transport the Drop Bag to CP4 – Ampang Pecah Aid Station.
- Only runner with Bib Number will be allowed to collect their drop bag at the Aid Station.
- Drop Bag will be brought back to the finish (Kg. Pertak Hall) for collection within 4 hours after CP4 – COT.
- Any bags not collected by 9 PM on Sunday will be donated to charity. No bag will be shipped back to participants.
- The registration is open to Malaysian and International participants aged 18 years old and above as of 21 July 2019.
- Each participant must complete the marked course on foot with own strength.
- Participants are required to be semi self-sufficient during the race.
- Participant must carry the Mandatory Gear at all times during the race event. Random gear checks will be performed during the event. Any participant with missing mandatory gear may be penalized/disqualified.
The mountain must be preserved and be respected – please take care of it and leave it pristine for those who come after you. Note the below:
- Any littering on the race course is strictly prohibited. Please strictly adhere to the “leave no trace and take no souvenirs” policy.
- Yield trail by respecting other trail users (i.e. recreational users and Orang Asli) when passing – be aware of blind spots and slow down when you need to.
- No shortcuts, including avoiding switchbacks.
- No overtaking by going off trail. Wait until there is adequate space to do so.
- If you deliberately ignore customary rules of the trail, road and checkpoints especially concerning safety, waste, erosion and hygiene – you will at best incur a time penalty (1 hour) or at worst it will be grounds for disqualification.
- HSUT has several intermediate and race finish cut-off times that will be strictly enforced.
- You must obey directions/instructions from the race marshals if you miss on the time cut-offs.
- Race Finish Cut-Off Time for 50km is 14 hours. (18:00hrs, 21 July 2019)
- Race Finish Cut-Off Time for 15km is 6 hours. (13:00hrs, 21 July 2019)
If you become immobile and need to consult with a medic, please note the following steps:
Initially use your first aid kit, stay warm, dry and be visible.
Phone the emergency number located on your race number and you will be asked for your race number, name and location. Aid/support will be provided.
IF THERE IS NO CELL RECEPTION
Initially use your first aid kit, stay warm, dry and be visible.
Wait for an assisting participant who will find the nearest marshal or staff member who will make contact with the organizer.
A medical and rescue team will be dispatched to your location.
- Hulu Selangor Ultra Trail (HSUT) is fundamentally a race true to the spirit of semi self-sufficiency.
- Therefore, in the spirit of fairness and true sportsmanship, HSUT will penalize or disqualify runners for any transgression of the following:
- Accepting any form of mobile support along the route, eg: pacing
- Not carrying the full set of mandatory gears
- Race participants may take as much food and beverage as needed from each aid station provided by the organizer
- Race participants will not be allowed to take any bottles, cans or cups from the aid station but should instead carry and replenish own hydration systems at the aid stations
- Race participants may run, walk or crawl but must not make use of any motorized or wheeled vehicles during the race
- Participants can take as much food and drink as needed from each of the aid stations provided. You will not be allowed to take any bottles, cans or cups from the aid stations and should plan on carrying and refilling your hydration systems at the aid stations.
- Carrying own cup is mandatory.
- DNF (Did Not Finish): Should you need to drop out of the race, you will need to continue to the nearest Aid Station along the marked route and inform the station leader.
- Race participants must have their mandatory gears with them at all times during the race. Random gear checks will be performed during the event. Penalties ranging from time penalties to disqualification will be applied based on the severity of the breach.
- Racers must follow the marked course route the entire way and register at each aid stations/timing checkpoints.
- Your race number must be visible at all times (on the outside of your clothing and on the front of your body). Do not cover your race number with any clothing
- All participants are to accept the risk associated with this event as per indemnity clause stated in the registration form.
- All Race Participants is covered under Group Personal Accident as per the latest Term Sheet of Event.
- It is recommended that all participants have personal accident insurance or health insurance.
The organizer shall reserve the right to cancel or cut short the race event for the following reasons: (but not limited to)
- Adverse weather conditions (haze, thunderstorm etc.)
- Dangerous trail conditions (Landslides, Flood, Tree fallen/fires blockage along the course etc.)
- Force majeure
CASH PRIZES – 50KM
CASH PRIZES – 15KM
RACE MAP – 50KM
RACE MAP – 15KM